OCC Bulletin 2017-23| June 19, 2017
Articles of Association, Charter, and Bylaw Amendments: New Comptroller’s Licensing Manual Booklet
Chief Executive Officers of All National Banks, Federal Savings Associations, and Federal Branches and Agencies; Department and Division Heads; All Examining Personnel; and Other Interested Parties
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the "Articles of Association, Charter, and Bylaw Amendments" booklet of the Comptroller's Licensing Manual. This new booklet consolidates the OCC's policies and procedures regarding articles of association amendments for national banks, charter amendments for federal savings associations, and bylaw amendments for national banks and federal savings associations.
Note for Community Banks
This booklet applies to all national banks and federal savings associations.
- addresses regulatory requirements for articles of association, charters, and bylaws.
- provides an overview of the filing process required to notify the OCC or, if necessary, to obtain OCC approval of an amendment.
- includes certain requirements for the content of the articles of association, charters, and bylaws.
- lists actions or steps a national bank or federal savings association should follow during the amendment process.
- lists references and links to informational resources and sample documents that national banks or federal savings associations may refer to during the amendment process.
Please contact Karen Marcotte, Manager for Licensing Activities, at (202) 649-6260.
Stephen A. Lybarger
Deputy Comptroller for Licensing