OCC BULLETIN 2017-46
Subject: Federal Branches and Agencies Supervision
Date: October 27, 2017
To: General Managers of All Federal Branches and Agencies, Department and Division Heads, All Examining Personnel, and Other Interested Parties
Description: Revised Guidance
The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) issued today the following guidance:
- The OCC’s Approach to Federal Branch and Agency Supervision. The revised paper replaces the paper of the same title issued on October 8, 2014. The revision incorporates changes in supervision processes relative to large and complex federal branches and agencies.
- The “Federal Branches and Agencies” booklet of the Comptroller’s Licensing Manual. This updated booklet replaces the booklet of the same title issued in July 2015. The updated booklet clarifies processes for reviewing and evaluating conversion applications.
Note for Community Banks
The guidance does not apply to community banks.
The revised documents
- provide an overview of the OCC’s approach to regulating federal branches and agencies.
- describe how to file applications and notices with the OCC for federal branches and agencies.
- outline general filing requirements for federal branches and agencies
- outline the review and decision processes for licensing filings for federal branches and agencies.
- clarify the OCC’s policies and practices regarding the evaluation of a license conversion application by a state-licensed branch or agency operated by a foreign bank to change to a federal branch or agency.
Contact Vance Price, Deputy Comptroller for International Banking Supervision, at (202) 649-6210, or Steven Lybarger, Deputy Comptroller for Licensing, at (202) 649-6260.
Vance S. Price
Deputy Comptroller for International Banking Supervision