Multifamily Housing Data
- Urban Institute’s Housing Assistance Matters Initiative highlights research and analysis about the need for and benefits of well-managed public and assisted housing. Using a multimedia approach, this initiative draws upon research by Urban Institute scholars and others to explore key connections between all forms of rental assistance and outcomes for individuals, families, and communities. Check out the interactive map. Simply run your cursor over the map and county data will appear.
- Center for Housing Policy’s report from Senior Research Associate Robert Hickey, is titled The Role of Community Land Trusts in Fostering Equitable Transit-Oriented Development: Case Studies from Atlanta, Denver, and the Twin Cities.
The report, published in conjunction with the Lincoln Institute of Land Policy and the National Community Land Trust Network, explores how Community Land Trusts (CLTs) are helping to ensure that affordably priced, transit-accessible single and multifamily homes will continue to be available for lower-income households as regions like Atlanta, Denver, and the Twin Cities expand and create new transit systems.
- Housing Assistance Council Data on USDA Rural Development. HAC manages the Rural Data Portal and its interactive map of quick data snapshots on the social, economic, and housing characteristics of U. S. communities.
- HUD User is a resource for housing and community development research that is managed by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD's) Office of Policy Development and Research (PD&R). PD&R is responsible for maintaining current information on housing needs, market conditions, and existing programs, as well as conducting research on priority housing and community development issues which supports the Department's efforts to help create cohesive and economically healthy communities.
- HUD Multifamily Data provides annual multifamily production data.
- Center for Housing Policy's "Paycheck to Paycheck" database provides measures of wages and housing costs.
- National Multifamily Housing Council's Research and Insights for industry research on apartment industry issues.
- Mortgage Bankers Association's Commercial/Multifamily Research.
Last Updated: 08/06/2018